ⓘ If you are interested in a more detailed overview of barValid's functions head over to our tutorial section.
barValid - GS1 Barcode Checker & verifier
barValid offers the following features for free- just install the app
- Scan barcodes with your smartphone camera
- Supported barcode symbologies:
- Linear Barcodes
- EAN8, EAN13
- UPC_A, UPC_E
- Code 39
- 2D Codes
- QR Code
- Linear Barcodes
- Automatically recognize, parse and extract GS1 Application identifiers from scanned GS1 or Code-128 barcodes
- An intuitive and simple but complete visualization of the extracted Application identifiers
- Built-in GS1 Application Identifier database
- Application Identifier information for scanned barcodes
- Browse the complete Application Identifier list on your smartphone
- Automatic validation of standard GS1 specifications
- Do all the Application Identifiers contain the correct data type?
- Do all the Application Identifiers have the correct length?
- Automatic validation of your custom specifications (useful for your barcode projects!)
- Does the Barcode contain all required Application Identifiers?
- Does the Barcode contain compatible required Application Identifiers?
- Does the Barcode contain a forbidden identifier?
- Do the mandatory application identifiers contain the requested value? (p.e. check best before date, check GTIN, ...)
- Follow this link to learn more about the custom codestructure validation feature: custom codestructure tutorial
- Built-in "Codestructure Editor" for your custom specifications
- Create PDF reports of scanned barcodes, containing
- the scanned barcode
- if active the chosen custom codestructure specification
- additional text information, like username or notes
- additional pictures, picked from your gallery or taken directly in the app using your smartphone camera
- Save the reports on your device or share them by mail and social networks
- Automatic item search of scanned barcodes on Amazon with price information and links to Amazon stores
- A history of the scanned barcodes
barValid satellite is the application which connects barValid running
on your smartphone to your computer.
Send the scanned barcode to your pc computer, from all over the world, directly over the barValid network cloud infrastructure.
- Sent barcodes to your pc
- Create CSV files on the desktop computer
- Sent barcodes to Excel (via virtual keyboard)
- Sent barcodes to Word (via virtual keyboard)
- Sent barcodes to any other application (via virtual keyboard)
- Copy barcodes to clipboard
- No complex setup. No network configuration like IP adresses or firewall rules
- To protect your data all the communication between barValid, the barValid network, and barValid satellite are encoded
The barValid network is our online service to connect barValid smartphones all over the world.
At the moment barValid network offers the following free services:
- Download custom barcode specifications published by other barValid users
Useful when you have to meet a barcode specification
- Upload your own custom barcode specifications
Useful when you are requesting a well-defined barcode
barValid - the barcode CheckDigit calculator
The barValid CheckDigit calculator offers the following features for free- just install the app
- Simply calculate checkdigit for barcodes
- More to follow
- Just select the desired barcode type, and write in the barcode value