barValid tutorial: PDF reports
How do you share scanned barcodes with additional information with your colleagues?
Copy & paste the barcode and send an email? (Tip: you can also copy a scanned barcode with barValid, just tap the barcode...)
Maybe attach an additional picture? What if you need to scan and share multiple barcodes?
barValid offers a simple solution to cover these and many more requests:
the PDF report:
- ✓ Easily create a PDF right from your smartphone
- ✓ Add additional information to the report, like the operator-name or notes
- ✓ Add up to 3 pictures to keep record of the surrounding conditions
- ✓ The barcode validation results (see custom codestructures) are automatically attached
- ✓ Save the PDF report on your smartphone for a later download to your PC or Mac
- ✓ Share the PDF report via social channels or email
Follow these simple steps to start using barValid PDF reports:
- Install barValid - GS1 Barcode Checker & verifier on your smartphone
- Launch the app and scan a barcode. The barcode scanning result page will be shown:
- Start creating a new PDF report by clicking the "share" sign in the upper left corner:
- The "Report options" screen will pop up and give you the following possibilities
- Tap the plus sign to take a picture
- Insert any additional text information you want to save into your PDF report
- Create and save the PDF report to your smartphone
- Create and share the PDF report by email or other social channels (WhatsApp, Facebook, ...)
- You can find here an online example of a PDF report: Download example PDF
- To customize the operator name printed on the PDF report head over to the barValid settings from the main menu and set the option "operator name"
ⓘ The PDF report will be saved to the following location on your smartphone: /Phone/Android/data/com.barValid.app/cache/
You have learned how to create PDF reports right on your device and save or share them online.
For any further question please contact us by mail
Enjoy barcodes with barValid
Overview of all barValid tutorials